A few suggestions to help you get the most out of your visits:
Set aside two hours for your for your first visit. You can download a copy of the intake paperwork by clicking here for Downloadable Intake Forms. If you don’t have your paperwork completed, please plan to arrive 20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Wear loose fitting clothing.
- Do not wear heavy make-up or any fragrances.
- If you practice tongue brushing, please do not brush your tongue for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Arrive well fed and hydrated.
- Don’t worry! Let The Gorilla help you. Feel free to discuss any concerns you may have.
- Try to remain relaxed for as long as possible after your treatment.
Some Things to Consider for Your First Visit:
- Welcome to becoming A Gorilla and taking your Healing Process in your own hands!
- Plan two hours of your time for this consultation. It takes time to get to know you. Consultation includes:
- A complete intake of your health history.
- Traditional Diagnostics (which includes an in depth pulse reading, tongue observation and possible Hara palpation).
- Discussion of the course of treatment and schedule: we discuss how many treatments are necessary over what length of time. For example, some health issues may require treatment once a week for six months, or perhaps three treatments a week for two months.
- This is where your commitment to the process gets serious.
- If time allows you will receive your first treatment from Sang.
- Commit to the process, show up and pursue treatment with a generous attitude. Remember: your good health is priceless not only for yourself but also for your community.
Keys to success:
- Acupuncture and other T.A.M. modalities are practiced in a relaxing setting. You will assist your healing process if you are able to relax your body and practice patience with yourself throughout your life.
- Treatment is customized for you and addresses not only your symptoms but also the underlying cause.
- You may see symptomatic relief relatively quickly but it may take quite a while longer to fully address the underlying cause. It’s up to you to see it through. In order to succeed you have to be willing to show up and make the required lifestyle changes. This is often difficult work but you can do it.
- Treatments may vary over time. Length and modality of each treatment depends upon condition (in general allow 40 – 60 minutes).
- Your commitment is a huge factor during the course of treatment. There is no way to know whether or not something works if the path is not followed – so the most important thing is to show up and follow all recommendations. That’s why it’s being mentioned again on this list.
- Alternative therapies take time. You may feel yourself losing patience or feel that things are not improving substantially or fast enough. These are normal feelings – do not allow them to get in the way of your progress.
- The Gorilla Acupuncture model wants to make acupuncture and Traditional Asian Medicine accessible to everyone. As you continue down the sometimes rocky road of health improvement please remember that the Gorilla is providing this service our of a genuine desire to help. Even if you’re not seeing the kinds of results you were hoping for – keep in mind whatever positive changes you have noticed.
- After a course of treatment is completed, we re-evaluate the situation to determine whether our goals have been met. Acupuncture and Traditional Asian Medicine is about restoring health and reducing your dependence on treatment. Hopefully all issues have been resolved but keep in mind that quite often it takes more than one course of treatment to resolve long standing health issues.